Dental hygiene is the foundation for maintaining healthy teeth and gums.
If you follow a correct oral hygiene routine your;
- teeth should be clean and free of debris
- gums should be pink and not hurt or bleed when you brush or floss
- bad breath should not be a constant problem
Healthy teeth not only enable you to look and feel good, they also allow you to eat a full and varied diet, speak clearly and maintain your overall health.
Daily preventive care, including proper brushing and flossing, will help stop problems before they develop and is much less painful and expensive than treating conditions that have been allowed to progress.
Oral Hygiene Routine
1. Brush your teeth at least twice a day using a fluoride toothpaste
2. Spit, don’t rinse following brushing to allow the fluoride in the toothpaste to continue working for longer
3. Use interdental cleaning aids to clean between teeth daily
4. Eat a balanced diet and limit snacking between meals
5. Use a straw when you have fizzy or acidic drinks – this helps to reduce the acid attack on your teeth
6. Attend for regular dental appointments